WALLY WALLEYE & BETTY BASS - WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE
Enjoy fishing on Houghton Lake, Higgins Lake or Lake St. Helen this summer, fall and winter. If you are lucky enough to catch Wally Walleye or Betty Bass or any of his many friends (blue gill, pike, bass, crappie or perch) you could be eligible to win $100,000.00 in cash and a brand new Lund Boat package from Spicer’s Boat City. Big Wally XI and more than 200 of his closest friends have been released into Michigan’s Other Great Lakes – Houghton Lake, Higgins Lake and Lake St. Helen. These tagged fish are waiting for you to catch them. Each fisherman catching a tagged fish will receive a $50.00 gas card and earns a place in the finals for a chance at $100,000 and the boat package in April 2017. The contest is open to anyone holding a current Michigan Fishing License. Just bring your tagged fish to Lyman’s on the Lake in Houghton Lake, H&H Fireworks, Houghton Lake, Korbinski’s Marine, Prudenville, North Winds Lodge in Roscommon (Higgins Lake) or Trails End Motel, St. Helen, for verification and you will be entered in the finals for a chance at $100,000.00 and the Lund boat package from Spicer’s Boat City.
*$100,000.00 prize and Lund boat package will be awarded based on selection of two matching envelopes out of 20. Minimum prize will be valued at more than $1,000.00. Each tagged fish caught during the season will win a gas card donated by our contest sponsors. By catching a tagged fish you will be automatically entered into the grand prize draw off to be held at Spicer’s Boat City in April 2017. One key will open a treasure chest containing 20 envelopes. Two matching envelopes must be drawn to win the $100,000.00 and boat grand prize. Minimum prize value in the treasure chest will be $1,000.00 including $500 cash and $500 in gifts and certificates. Complete contest rules are available by sending an e-mail request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Go fishing on Houghton Lake, Higgins Lake or Lake St. Helen between June 1, 2016 and March 15, 2017.
2. Have a great time with friends and family while enjoying a great fishing experience on Houghton Lake, Higgins Lake or Lake St. Helen - Michigan’s Other Great Lakes.
3. If you happen to catch Big Wally -- the tagged walleye or any of the other yellow tagged fish - take your catch to Lyman’s on the Lake, North Winds Lodge, Korbinski's Marine or Trail’s End Motel for verification and your $50 gas card.
4. Any one disobeying the rules will be disqualified.
5. Entry Fee: there is none.
6. State of Michigan Fishing and Boating rules will apply.
7. All decisions relating to the fishing contest by the Houghton Lake Area Tourism Bureau.
- Download Info
Download Fishing Contest Info 121 kb
- Download Poster
Download Poster 627 kb
Arnie's Arts & CraftsBart's Fruit MarketBeachfront HotelSuper 8 MotelBauchan Law OfficesLakeland RecreationLakeside Resort / Conference CenterLyman's On The Lake
Chemical BankBest Choice MarketPoplars ResortNorth Winds LodgeSpicer's Boat CityWay North MotelH&H Fireworks