- Located behind the Rite Aid is a DNR boat launch. This can be used with a DNR Permit.
- Another DNR Boat Launch is located at Lantz Landing on Old 27 next to Comfort Suites. This landing also requires a DNR Permit.
- Lapham’s Marina is a private launch site which can be used for a small fee. Located off County Rd. 100 on Marina Dr. across from Roscommon County Airport (989)366-7763.
- Located at Whitney Court, there is a DNR launch site on County Rd. 100. This can be used with a DNR Permit.
- There is a site at the Sullivan Beach, located behind Chase Bank on Park St off M-55, in Prudenville.
- South Higgins Lake State Park; this DNR launch site is free with the purchase of a State Park sticker. Only boats belonging to registered campers can be left overnight.
- Higgins Lake Boat Yard is at the end of Mill Road, off of West Higgins Lake Drive in Higgins Lake (989) 821-6509.
- On W. Higgins Lake (County Road 200) in Lyon Township is a public DNR boat launch which can be used with the purchase of a DNR Permit.
- North Higgins Lake State Park has a DNR launch site and can be used with the purchase of a State Park sticker.
- B & B Marina on Clare Street on the North Shore of Higgins is a launch site that is available to customers that rent boats from this business.
Lake St. Helen
The Richfield Township launch site (former DNR launch site) is open to the public. It features a free ADA kayak and canoe launch with fishing pier.
Located NE of Higgins Lake, across from S. Higgins Lake State Park. Marl Lake is limited to non-powerboats. Requires a State Park sticker.
Located at the Reedsburg Dam State Forest Campground at the junction of M-55 & County Road 300 near Houghton Lake is run by the DNR. Their phone number is (989)275-4622. A State Park sticker is required. Limited use of small power driven water crafts.
Boat & Ski Boat Rentals
B & B Boat Rental
431 Clare Blvd · RoscommonPhone: (989) 821-6549
Pontoon boats; ski boats, fishing boats, and wave runners can be rented at this marina one mile east of the North State Park on the North Shore of Higgins Lake.
Brian's Lakeside Marina
8320 W Houghton Lake Drive · Houghton LakePhone: (989) 422-6720
Brian's offers a wide range of boat and pontoon services, as well as boat slips. It’s the perfect place to ride out and enjoy one of the state’s most beautiful bodies of water. Plus, Brian’s Lakeside Marina conveniently supplies boat and pontoon rentals as well as fuel.
Houghton Lake Marina & Power
13710 W. Shore DriveHoughton LakePhone: (989) 422-7257
They offer parts and service for all major models of boats, including Big Bore kits, and service for maximum and high performance work. They rent pontoon and fishing boats as well.
L & G Boat Rentals
@ Heights Marina, 900 Shoreline Drive · Houghton Lake(across from the Haunted Mansion on M-55)Phone: (989) 429-5575
They offer boat rentals, pontoon boats and fishing boats with motors- 14 ft. Deep V. Open 7 days a week 7AM to 7 PM.
Load 'N Go
9383 N Cut Road · RoscommonPhone: (989) 821-1717
Kayaks and Paddle Board rentals
S. Higgins Lake St Park Store
106 State Park Drive · RoscommonPhone: (989) 821-5930
They rent pontoons, paddleboats, water bicycles by the hour or the week.
Rent or provide boats for their guests.